Bûche De Rozoy Aux Biscuits De Reims
How to Make Bûche De Rozoy Aux Biscuits De Reims
- Begin by crushing the Reims biscuits to powder using a rolling pin.
- In a mixing bowl, add the crushed biscuits, and sugar and mix the two together.
- Add egg yolks in the mix and stir some more until the batter is bound together. Add water and softened butter and mix the contents well into dough. Set aside.
- To prepare the chocolate marquise, add melted chocolate in a bowl along with egg yolks and icing Sugar. Mix the contents well before adding the beaten egg whites. Mix and set aside.
- Grease an aluminum foil sheet with butter and flatten the biscuit dough atop it. . Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the top. It should be 2 cm thick and 20 cm rectangle.
- Place a large scoop of marquise in the center of the flattened dough and with the help of a spoon; give it a shape of log.
- Gently lift the edge of the aluminum foil and roll it, taking the oink dough along.
- Remove the foil before serving.
Pink biscuits of Reims were first created when the bakers of champagne region wanted to use the heat of the oven, after baking bread. So they created dough which when placed in the oven dried down. The process coined the word “bis-cuit” meaning cooked twice.