- 1 large banana
- 1 cup frozen blue berries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup plain/vanilla flavored yogurt (use Greek for a creamier taste and non-fat for a healthier option)
- 2 tbsp milk
If you are watching your weight these days and are looking for healthy yet tasty options to make you feel full and please your taste buds at the same time, then look no further than fruit-based smoothies. Blueberry smoothies in particular, are one of the tastiest smoothies you can make, as it gives the tanginess of these antioxidant rich berries, the sweetness of banana, and the subtle vanilla flavor of the yogurt combined to give this rich yet extremely healthy and decadent heaven in a glass (mason jar if you are going the fancy route).
This is hands down one of the easiest and quickest recipes of blueberry smoothies that you can make for yourself. The best part is that even though kids avoid fruits and vegetables like the plague, you can give them this smoothie so that they can get their daily fruit fix for the day. Blueberry smoothies can be a great substitute for milkshakes and also serves as a breakfast item in itself. You can also have it as a great post-workout drink as well.Do not forget to store some Blueberry Smoothie in a water bottle from Vaya to sip through the day.
- Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants that boost the collagen levels in the skin and fight free radicals.
- This smoothie is rich in fiber and it aids healthy digestion.
- Banana in the smoothie provides essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium that are highly beneficial for the body’s optimum function.
- Both the blueberries and banana have vitamin B complex that is healthy for the blood and heart.
- This smoothie contains 250 calories per glass if using nonfat yogurt 420 calories if using regular or Greek yogurt.
How to make Blueberry Smoothie