Blueberry Pomegranate Juice
How to Make Blueberry Pomegranate Juice
- Juice the pomegranate seeds and blueberries. Gather all the ingredients and place them in a blender at high speed. Make sure you have a high speed blender otherwise you would be dealing with chunks in your juice. Blend the ingredients for 30 – 40 seconds or when it reaches the desired consistency.
- Add sugar to taste. For health-conscious people, you could add honey for sweet taste.
- Add a few ice cubes in glasses. Pour juice and serve chilled.
- How do you know when a pomegranate is ripe?
- When they are bright red.
- Pomegranates begin to ripen late during fall and are picked after November. Pomegranate shrubs can grow up to 20 feet. Make sure that pomegranates don’t have green traces on their skin.
- When buying berries, make sure they are not too soft, damp, or light-colored. Sometimes, the berry cartons are wet and start leaking; that’s when you can tell the berries are overly moist. You can get the best berries during their natural season. Also, they are fragile so they need to be handled with care. Wash them only when you are going to use them, otherwise they become moist.
Avoid buying juices from the store as they are concentrated with toxins