- Cut the pork and meat into cubes
- Season them with salt and pepper
- Add the whole eggs to the mixture
- Mix and knead the mixture properly and then add milk
- Stuff the mixture into casings and then add it into hot water which has a temperature of 80 – 85 degrees Celcius for about 30 minutes
When you serve it
Pour some olive oil or any oil of your choice in a frying pan and saute the white pudding in it for a while till you see it brown a little on top.
- The dish had been invented by Sieu Jacques Augustin Henri Chamarande who was an office of the king in the 17th century. In 1626 Cardinal Richelieu banned all duels from taking place in France and Chamarande, out of instinct took refuge in Rethel in order to avoid the arrest.
- To earn a living he opened up a sausage shop and created a white pudding that was so unique and original that he decided to let it out into the world with the name of the host city attached to it. He had used pork for his recipe initially which had been the only main ingredient available at that time in Rethel. The dish become so successful that it received a lot of popularity and tourists started visiting the city just to get a taste of the delicacy. Since then the white pudding dish has long been served on the tables of the wealthy folks and eventually the English Court.
Since then it has been patented and became a certified product of Rethel.