Blackberry Puff Pastry Tarts
How to make Blackberry Puff Pastry Tarts
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Pour the cinnamon, cream, sugar, and cheese into a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together and then set them aside.
- Note: Make sure the ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Place the pastry shells onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Brush each shell with milk and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake shells in the oven until they expand and turn a golden brown; 10-15 mins.
- Note: Watch closely to make sure shells bake thoroughly, but do not overbake.
- Remove shells from oven.
- Using a fork, remove the cap from each shell.
- Set the caps aside.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture into each shell then top with 6-8 blackberries.
- Place a puff pastry cap on top of each shell over the berries.
- Return the filled pastry shells to the oven and bake until the pastry tops have turned agolden-brown hue and the filling is warm; about 5 mins more.
- Serve and enjoy!
Mediterranean citizens made the first pastries.