Avocado and Cilantro Soup
avocados - peeled, pitted, and diced
shallot – finely chopped
cups chicken broth – cold
tbsp tomato paste
tsp hot pepper sauce
tbsp fresh lime juice
tbsp fresh cilantro – chopped
salt and pepper to taste
tbsp sour cream
How to make Avocado and Cilantro Soup
- Combine thetequila, shallot, chicken broth, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, tomato paste and avocado in a large food processor.
- Reserve a little bit of cilantro for garnish and place the remainder into the processor.
- Process the ingredients until they form a smooth mixture.
- Note: You may do this in a pot or large bowl if you have an immersion blender,
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the soup to a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate the bowl for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Divide the soup between four chilled bowls.
- Top the soup with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Avocados are climacteric, meaning they matures on the tree but ripens off the tree.