How to Make Black Beauty
- Pour citrus zest, pineapple juice, peach syrup, sugar syrup and some drops of white rum into a cocktail shaker.
- Add some ice, shake well, and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Float the drink with grape juice and garnish with a classy cocktail stick skewered with a row of black grapes.
- Mixes like this are one of the reasons why National Rum Day is a thing. August 16 th is an industry holiday that encourages spirits-inclined masses to have a few tall glasses of sweet nectar straight from the Caribbean!
- Nelson Mandela Day is celebrated in South Africa annually on July 18. Black Beauty is the official cocktail of this celebration.
- Grapes are also to be classified as berries. Just like blueberries, they have a fleshy inside covered by a leathery coating.
- There are over 8,000 varieties of grapes and these are from an estimated 60 species. Mainly, the varieties are European and American.
- One cup of grapes, with about 100 calories, provides more than a quarter of the daily recommended values of vitamins K and C. Grape seeds, which are edible, are chock-full of antioxidants.
- Grapes grow in different colors. They could be red, white, blue, black, purple, golden, or green.