How to Make Besan Halwa
- Heat a non-stick pan and roast gram flour at low heat for 10–15 minutes.
- Add ghee and jaggery, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add milk and cook for another 5–10 minutes.
- Add raisins and cashew nuts, and mix well.
- Cover the pan for 10–15 minutes and cook at low heat. Stir occasionally, until it turns semi-thick in consistency.
Note: Instead of jaggery, you can use refined sugar. It is advised to grind the sugar beforehand.
- Garnish with almonds and serve hot.