How to Make Bread Pakora
- Mix gram flour, ajwain seeds, baking soda, garam masala, red chilli powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add ½ tsp oil and water and whisk well until the batter is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Cut the bread slices diagonally into halves.
- Dip each bread slice in the batter, coat evenly and lower gently into the hot oil.
- Heat the remaining oil at medium heat in a wok for deep frying.
- Fry the slices in batches at medium heat, turning them occasionally. Cook for 4–6 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove the pakoras from the oil with a slotted spoon and place them on paper towels to drain excess oil. Serve hot.
Store the Bread Pakora in an insulated storage container, one that will keep food fresh and hot for a few hours.