How to make Bellam Paramannam Recipe
- To a large vessel, add thoroughly washed rice and milk.
- Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles or until the rice is well-cooked.
- Turn off the heat and remove the cooked rice.
- Pound the rice lightly with a heavy ladle.
- Allow the rice to cool down.
- Heat the ghee.
- Add the cashews to the ghee and fry until it turns light brown
- Add water to the ghee and cashews.
- Bring to boil, add jaggery and continue to stir over medium heat until jaggery turns into thick syrup.
- Turn off the heat and allow the syrup to cool down.
- Once the syrup and the rice are lukewarm, add the syrup to the rice and mix it well.
- Jaggery is used in natural dying of fabric.
- Cashews are native to the Americas but widely cultivated in India and Africa since the 16th century.