How to make Baked Millet Gujia
To Make Dough:
- Sieve wheat and foxtail millet flour together.
- Add salt, warm oil, some watter and and crumble.
- Add more water in batches and knead to a smooth dough. If the dough is tacky, add some more flour and knead again.
- Cover the dough and let rest for 30 minutes.
To Make the Filling:
- Dry roast semolina in a pan or kadhai until a nice aroma develops. Make sure to not burn the rava. Remove from the heat.
- Roast poppy seeds till they begin changing color and then remove from the heat.
- Similarly, roast desiccated coconut for few seconds and remove from the heat.
- Combine roasted rava, poppy seeds, and desiccated coconut.
- Add khoya and grated jaggery once the mixture cools down.
- Mix everything well with your fingers.
- Add cardamom powder and mix again.
To Prepare Gujia:
- Make small lemon-sized balls out of the dough. Dust each ball with flour with flour and roll flat.
- Place 1 - 2 tbsp flattenned discs with filling mixture.
- Fold in half and to seal the edges by either twisting the poori or pressing the edges with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy!
Gujiyas are typically made in a half moon shape.