- 2 big eggplants--sliced into equally-sized wedges
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp garam masala--ground in a blender or mortar
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder (adjust to your taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp minced or grated ginger
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce (pre-cooked tomatoes), or passata or tinned tomatoes (strain before adding)
- Small bunch of coriander leaves
- salt to taste
How to make Baingan Masala
Mentioning pasta to go with an Indian curry might sound like blasphemy for some.
Maybe - until you have tried it!