Asparagus And Crab Meat Soup
cups of chicken broth
tbsp of nuoc mam (a Vietnamese fish sauce)
tbsp of sugar
salt to taste
tbsp of vegetable oil
Ground black pepper to taste
cups of white asparagus spears
small sized scallion
How to Make Asparagus And Crab Meat Soup
- In a soup pot, stir in the broth, 1 tbsp fish sauce, sugar and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a medium sized skillet, stir on oil, shallots and garlic. Fry until fragrant.
- Stir in crab meat, 2 tbsp fish sauce and black pepper to the skillet.
- Mix the ingredients over high heat for about 1 minute. Set it aside.
- Meanwhile, bring the soup to a boil. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until the soup begins to thicken.
- Once the soup begins to boil, add the lightly beaten egg and stir for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the crab meat mixture and asparagus along with its liquid. Cook until the heat has spread throughout the crab.
- Transfer the contents of the soup to a serving dish. Sprinkle it on the coriander and scallion.
- Did you know that the largest species of crab has a leg span of 12 feet?
- Crabs have 10 legs and are known as decapods as a result.