How to make Affogato Recipe
- Toss 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream into a dessert glass and move the glass into a freezer.
- Brew 4 shots of espresso.
- Remove the desert glass from the freezer and add 4 shots of the fresh espresso to the chilled ice cream.
- Finish off with a sprinkle of Demerara sugar. However, since ice cream already has a good measure of sweetness, Demerara sugar is optional.
- You may add another mound of whipped cream, if you feel indulgent.
- Dig into your Affogato and enjoy! You may have a few biscuits on the sides to while you have your dessert.
If you are confused about the ratio of coffee to ice cream, just make it an ounce of espresso for every scoop of ice cream. This recipe takes about 7 minutes to prepare and is enough to serve 4 people.
Affogato doesn’t require you level the temperature of ingredients. When chilled ice-cream combined with steaming hot espresso melts in your mouth, you might have just earned a ticket to heaven!
- When Guyana was still a British colony, it went by the name Demerara, and hence the name given to the sugar produced there. Today many other neighbouring countries have taken to growing their own cane, and in turn, their own sugar. Demerara sugar also goes by the name Turbinado sugar, which is because, production of the sugar involves turbines.
- National Espresso Day is celebrated on the 23rd of November.
- Brewed espresso has more fat that white filter coffee!
- Since 2015, astronauts have been able to brew espresso in outer space!
- A coffee bean roughly consists of 12% oil.