How to make Zucchini Tomato Pie
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Prepare a 10 in pie pan by greasing it.
- Add tomato, zucchini, Parmesan cheese, and onions to the pan.
- Combine eggs, milk, biscuit mix, pepper, and salt in a separate bowl. Beat them until smooth and pour over the mixture of vegetables in the pie pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Test with a knife inserted in the pie – if it comes out clean, it’s done.
Serve this pie with nice baked potato to complete your meal of the day. If you like your onions caramelized in pie, then sauté them a bit longer until they brown. Caramelized onions bring in a richness to this delicious pie.
- The best way to consume Zucchini is to eat it raw. It can also be added to salads, soups, tacos, cakes, and muffins. The vegetable is very low in calories but high in fiber content. The word ‘Zucchini’ finds its origins in the Italian word “Zucchini” which means “squash”.
- Zucchini can reach nearly 1 meter in length and is called “baby marrow” in South Africa.