- Rub garlic over the leg of the lamb.
- Place the leg onto a casserole dish. Add water until it covers half of the lamb.
- Add thyme and bay leaf. Then add seasoning. Cook in the oven at 200 degrees C. Baste occasionally.
- Chop and prepare vegetables. Add them neatly on the casserole around the leg of the lamb.
- Cook for one more hour. Keep basting. Then remove. Don’t discard broth.
- Remove the lamb from the casserole. Let it cook.
- In a small saucepan, mix butter and flour and cook for one minute.
- Add half pint of meat stock. Keep stirring at low flame until the sauce thickens. Add capers and cream.
- Slice the lamb. Place it onto a serving dish. Add sauce. Then surround with vegetables. Heat is again.
- Cooking time for the lamb varies according to size.
- It takes longer to cook lamb with basting.
- Overcooking the lamb makes the meat fall off the bone.
Potatoes can be cooked in a separate dish if you prefer them roasted.