How to Make Yummy Lasagna
- Take a deep pot.
- Pour 5 to 6 glasses of water into the pot.
- Add salt and olive oil into the pot.
- Bring the water to boil.
- Add lasagna sheets into the boiling water.
- Let the lasagna sheets boil until they are only half tender.
- Drain the hot water and run the lasagna through cold water.
- Set these aside until they are needed for assembling.
- Take a non-stick frying pan.
- Heat up olive oil into the pan.
- Add chopped onion, chopped garlic, ground beef, salt and freshly ground black pepper into the pan.
- Stir fry these ingredients for at least 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Now add crushed tomatoes and tomato puree into the pan.
- Mix these well and let the sauce simmer for at least 10 minutes on low heat. If the beef used is not pre-cooked, let the sauce cook for at least 20 minutes. Check the tenderness of the beef before continuing.
- Once, it has blended and thickened considerably, add freshly chopped parsley leaves into the pan.
- Mix these into the sauce as well.
- Let the sauce cook for another minute then take it off the heat.
- Take a large baking dish.
- Lay down a layer of the sauce into the dish.
- Add a layer of the boiled pasta on top of the sauce.
- Add a thin layer of cream cheese on top of the pasta.
- Repeat the layers until the dish is full to the top.
- Lay out a final layer of sauce and cream cheese on the very top.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over that.
- Bake the lasagna for 30 minutes in the oven at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Garnish it with basil leaves and serve hot!
- The month of July is actually considered as the lasagna awareness month.
- Lasagna was the reason behind a diplomatic dispute between England and Italy.
The original recipe for lasagna did not include any tomatoes which have now become a key ingredient of this flavorful dish!