How to make Shengdana Chutney
- Roast the peanuts on medium heat for about 8 minutes until the skin starts to peel off and the peanut is dark brown.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the skin from the peanuts by rubbing them between your palms.
- Add peanutsto a grinder along with jerra seeds, red chilies, and garlic. Grind all together until they are rough chunks.
- Add salt, turmeric, and deggi mirach into the grinder and continue grinding until every component is well mixed and you have a grainy powder, just before it becomes clumpy.
- Pour out your powdery mixture into a clean steel, plastic or glass jar and refrigerate.
- When refrigerated, you can store for up to 4 weeks, giving your family and kids a constant supply of Shengdana chutney.
- Peanut is commonly consumed as roasted snack and made into an oil.