Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, and Leek Soup
cooking pumpkin - small and cubed
leek stalks large - finely chopped
sweet potatoes/yams - cubed
carrots medium - chopped
can coconut milk
container vegetable stock - use about 800 ml
garlic cloves - thinly sliced
Red onion -thinly sliced
few dashes of hot sauce (optional)
How to make Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, and Leek Soup
- Sauté onion and garlic in coconut oil on low-medium heat until they become translucent.
- Add leeks and let it cook until soft.
- Add chopped pumpkin, sweet potato/yams, and carrot to the pot.
- Pour the vegetable broth and bring it to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue until these veggies are thoroughly cooked.
- Season with a few teaspoons of ground nutmeg and/or cinnamon.
- Take an immersion hand blender and puree the soup until smooth.
- Add in coconut milk slowly, and continue blending until desired consistency is reached.
- Allow time to simmer on low heat for flavors to melt together.
- Serve it in a bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and ground pepper.
- Complete the dish by adding some hot sauce if you wish.
TIP: Add in an extra spoonful of coconut milk to give it a pretty swirl in the end.
Did you know that potato soups are originated in Wales?
Did you also know that Pumpkins are 90% water?