How to make Masala Roast Chicken
- Wash and pat dry the chicken.
- Mix chilli powder, garlic paste, curry powder, vinegar, salt, ginger paste, pepper, honey, and butter into a smooth paste.
- Apply paste to the chicken, covering evenly and making sure to get into all the crevices and gaps in the skin. If there is extra, you can apply it with a brush while the chicken is cooking.
- Cover the chicken and let it marinate for a minimum of 2 hours. Overnight in the refrigerator is best.
- If you marinate overnight, let the chicken sit out for 45 minutes before cooking to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place potatoes, garlic, onions, and lemon slices to the bottom of a baking dish.
- Tie the chicken legs together with kitchen string.
- Set the chicken on top of the veggies in the baking dish.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, brushing with gravy from the pan every 30 minutes. Give a last brush 5 minutes before removing it from the oven.
- Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Squeeze garlic and lemon from the pan on top of the chicken and serve with the other vegies in the pan.
That’s all there is to it! Enjoy your masala roast chicken with some family and friends, or save your leftovers to pack in your lunch bag for tomorrow.
- Chickens raised for human consumption are called “Broilers,” and they are never given hormones or steroids.