- 8 cutlets of veal
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 tsp unsalted butter
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot (chopped finely)
- 2-4 garlic cloves (roughly smashed)
- 2 ounces assorted mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (low in sodium)
- Rosemary leaves
Marsala is not an uncommon dish for the Americans. If you want a low-fat red meat dish, Veal Marsala is the meal for you. Cooked in the sweet Marsala wine, Veal Marsala is cooked with mushrooms, shallot, butter and olive oil.
Containing all health-friendly ingredients, you can enjoy an appetizing meal with Veal Marsala pairing it up with Peas and Prosciutto or Egg Fettuccini.
- Using veal in preparing Marsala makes the dish diet-friendly as it is low in fat. Moreover, veal is an excellent source of minerals like niacin, zinc and vitamin B12 and B6.
- Veal Marsala provides 43% of the sodium and 20% of fat that is required by the body on daily bases.
- Using mushrooms in the Veal Marsala provides relief from high levels of cholesterol. Mushrooms also possess cancer-fighting properties.
How to Make Veal Marsala