How to Make Vegetable Samosa
- Remove puff pastry from freezer and let it sit at room temperature for about 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add water to immerse the potatoes completely.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low.
- Let simmer 10-15 minutes or until it feels tender when you a run a fork through the potatoes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium flame. Saute onion until translucent. Stir in peas, carrots, garam masala, and curry powder and let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add boiled potatoes and seaon with salt.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes while stirring until the flavors combine.
- Remove from heat and let cool until it feels tolerable to the touch.
- Place a parchment paper of on a baking sheet. Alternatively, you can grease the surface of the baking sheet with oil or cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Cut into 9 equal rectangles.
- Place about 1 tbsp of filling in the center of each rectangle.
- Dip the pastry brush in water, so as to wet along the one of the lenghts and breadths of the rectangle.
- Fold over like a triangle to seal filling.
- Place samosas on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
Samosas used to be a snack reserved for royalty.