- Take a deep pot.
- Add 4 to 5 glasses of water in it.
- Add 3 teaspoons of salt in the water.
- Throw linguine into it and bring it to boil.
- Once, it has been boiled properly take it off the heat. Drain the hot water and run the linguine through cold water.
- Set it aside until it is needed for assembling.
- Take a non-stick frying pan and heat up 5 tablespoons of oil in it.
- Add chopped garlic into the oil and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Now add clams into the pan. Do not turn them completely brown. Just let them fry until they are slightly golden.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of red pepper flakes on top of the clams as they fry.
- Add the canned tomatoes into the mix and pour some white wine on top of everything. Mix them well and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the fresh chopped parsley leaves to the mix and stir it well.
- Now add the already prepared linguine into the pan. Let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish it with more parsley leaves, red pepper flakes and olive oil as you pull it out in a separate dish to eat.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Linguine with clams is one of the great dishes of the feast of the seven fishes
- The feast of the seven fishes takes place on the eve of Christmas when people abstain from meat-based or dairy-based meals and choose to eat dishes made with seafood only. It is an ancient Roman Catholic tradition.
Although, linguine with clams is an Italian dish, most Italians are unaware of the idea of the feast of the seven fishes.