- 2 big brinjals-- roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 green chili or 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp tamarind sauce, alternatively you can also use lemon juice
- Small bunch of coriander leaves
- 5-6 curry leaves (fresh or dried)
- 1 tbsp white lentils
- 1/4 cup of water
- salt to taste
How to make Vangi Bath
Vangi bath is also a recipe for 'eggplant haters.' By blending the vegetable (see step 4) to a soft paste, you get rid of the texture some people don't like. They will never know that they just had a delicious eggplant dish.
You can, of course, also use other leftover vegetables in your fridge, such aslike zucchini, pumpkin, squash, carrot, or any combinations of them. There are countless variations, and you are only limited by your imagination!