- 1 cup urad dal
- 1 tbsp green chillies--roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped onions
- handful cilantro--chopped
- salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 tsp ginger--chopped (optional)
- 3-4 black peppercorns
Uddina vada, also known as medu vada, are deep-fried savoury fritters that are soft on the inside. This dish has its origins in south India. It is best enjoyed as breakfast or as an evening snack with coconut chutney, sambar or yogurt. Made from urad dal (black lentils) and Indian spices, udinna vadas are formed in the shape of ring doughnuts. Bursting with flavour and crunchiness, vadas pair well with filter coffee as well as tea.
- Urad dal acts as an energy booster.
- It helps in improving digestion, reducing inflammation, and regulating the cholesterol levels and cardiovascular health.
- It is a rich source of proteins, iron, and vitamin B.
How to Make Uddina Vada