How to make Turkish Sesame Bread
- Add, whisk and cover yeast, heavy cream, sugar in a mixing bowl for 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour, salt, oil, egg, yeast mixture in a bowl with hand for 15 minutes or until everything is well combined.
- Knead the bough for 10 minutes by hand to make elastic ball. Wet kitchen towel with hot water and use it to cover the dough for 20 minutes till its size doubles. Roll and cut dough to 10 equal parts.
- Roll each dough into 102 cm long, fold the string into 2 parts, twist in opposite direction and repeat the process until all is done.
- Stir and toast sesame seeds in a saucepan for 15 minutes until they change to golden brown.
- Mix 3 tbsp molasses and 2 tbsp water in a plate, add roasted sesame seeds and ensure the seeds are fully coated.
- Roll each doll in sesame mixture, bake for 10 minutes and enjoy.
Yeast has been around for hundred of years and it is used in baking, brewing, or making of alcoholic wine.