Bread Crust Zucchini Quiche
slices whole wheat bread
tbsp butter – softened
cups zucchini – sliced
large tomato – chopped
tsp dried oregano
tbsp whole wheat flour
cup low-fat cottage cheese
eggs – beaten
cup nonfat plain yogurt
cup Parmesan cheese – grated
How to make Bread Crust Zucchini Quiche
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Cut the bread slices diagonally in halves.
- Arrange around the edge of a 9 in pie plate.
- Melt butter and sauté zucchini in a medium skillet until the zucchini turns tender.
- Add tomato and oregano and cook for 3 mins.
- Add the flour and spoon mixture into thebread-lined pie plate to the center.
- Mix the cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt, and 1/2 the Parmesan cheese into a bowl.
- Spoon this mixture over the vegetables in the pie plate, and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 mins in the preheated oven, until the quiche becomes firm in center.
One zucchini is called a zucchina in Italian.