How to make Turkish Delight
- Heat a saucepan and boil 1 1/2 cups of water, sugar, lemon juice for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves completely and set it aside.
- Pour the remaining water in another saucepan, add cornstarch, tartar cream and mix for 5 minutes until starch dissolves thoroughly.
- Heat the cornstarch saucepan and stir continually to make the mixture thick.
- Stir in the sugar syrup, reduce the heat gradually until the candy changes to golden yellow and very thick in texture.
- Add food coloring, remove from heat and cover it overnight.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on the candy the following day and cut the Turkish delight to small squares. Serve immediately
Humans, all over the world, have not got the courage to resist sugar. It was once called the white gold as it was expensive!