- Preheat oven to 375 °
- Grease and flour one 9-inch tube pan.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the egg whites in a small bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a small bowl.
- Beat in the lemon zest and egg yolks.
- Stir together the baking powder and flour.
- Blend the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Note: There should be only a little over an inch of batter.
- Arrange the plums, attractively over the batter, skin side down.
- Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool before serving.
If you really enjoy them, then take them to work in the lunch box and also pack in your kids lunch box for school.
There are two primary types of plums: European plums and Japanese plums.