Tangy Cucumber and Avocado Salad
2 medium fresh cucumbers
2 fresh avocados
4 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp green onions
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
¼ large lime
2 tsp lime juice
How to make Tangy Cucumber and Avocado Salad
- Cut the cucumbers and avocados in small cubes and add them into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add chopped fresh cilantro, garlic cloves, and green onions to the cucumbers and avocados in the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Add in the salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Generously squeeze in lemon and lime juice over the top. Toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve in a serving bowl and enjoy!
- The word salad comes from the Latin word “herba salta”, also known as, “salted herbs”.
- The first artist who depicted salads in paintings was Leonardo da Vinci.
- The idiom “cool as a cucumber” is derived from cucumber’s ability to cool the temperature of blood.
- Cucumbers are made up of 95% of water.
- Avocado trees need another avocado tree nearby in order to grow.
- Avocados are also an Aztec symbol of love and fertility.