How to make Sweet Holiday Baked Ham
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees Celsius.
- To a large mixing bowl, add maple syrup, ginger ale, orange juice, honey and brown sugar into it.
- Add maraschino cherries into the bowl and along with the juice that releases from them. Mix them well into the existing juices.
- Set aside the juices until they are needed for glazing the ham.
- Cut outer layers of ham making sure that the cuts are a quarter of an inch deep into the ham.
- Place the pineapple and cherry slices on the ham in a decorative style and secure them in place with the toothpicks.
- Place the ham now covered with pineapple and cherry slices in an oven bag.
- Pour the juices previously mixed into the bag over the ham.
- Tie up the bag with a thread and place the bag into a large roasting pan.
- Cut small slits into the bag from the top.
- Bake for the next 2 hours.
- When it’s done, remove the ham from the serving bag and place it on a serving dish.
- Let it rest for a few minutes before carving it out!
- The tradition of eating ham on holidays is quite old! About 2000 years ago, a wild boar was used as a sacrifice by the pagans to please Norse, the god of love and fertility. After the pagans were converted to Christianity, this tradition continued, though not everyone is aware of its history.
- Share this amazing history with your friends and family as you enjoy the deliciousness of the ham!