- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 170 grams of whole wheat couscous
- 340 grams of packed fresh spinach
- 5 leeks, chopped, bulb only
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 450 g chicken broth (fat free)
- 450 g cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
How to make Spinach and Leek White Bean Soup
Research published in Cell Press found that spinach helps to make muscles more efficient during a workout. This improves performance because of the increased efficiency of mitochondria.
Spinach has also been known to prevent cancer, and in one study it nearly halved the occurrence of colon tumors from about 58 percent to 32 percent in laboratory animals.