Crispy Chicken Thighs and Parmesan Salad
chicken thighs (about 2 ½ lbs)
head of garlic – cloves separated with skin on and cloves halved
lemons – halved + 2-3 slices for serving
sprigs of thyme
flat leaf parsley
Parmesan – shaved
How to make Crispy Chicken Thighs and Parmesan Salad
- Season the chicken with ¼ tsp salt. Further, sprinkle ¼ tsp pepper. Place in a large and heavy skillet. Put the skin side down.
- Sprinkle garlic and thyme. Place a second skillet on the chicken and put some heavy cans in the skillet to flatten the chicken so that it cooks up evenly.
- Cook on a medium-high flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice of 3 lemon halves and place in a large bowl. Add oil and ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Whisk, add parsley, and toss.
- Flip the chicken and cook uncovered. Transfer the chicken to the plates. Squeeze lemon juice and add lemon slices. Stir well.
- Add walnuts and parmesan.
Chickens are known to remember well the faces of at least 100 different people and animals. It is said that chickens cannot taste sweetness. Chickens are also believed to be the closest relatives of the Tyrannosaurus Rex that are still living.