How to Make Tandoori Prawns Recipe
- Prepare marinade as follows:
- In a wok, heat oil and sauté onions until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and continue sautéing.
- Grind the mixture until it turns into a paste.
- Combine the paste with chickpea flour, lemon juice, curd, turmeric powder, chili powder, and garam masala and mix well.
- Add prawns to the marinade and gently mix until prawns are well-coated.
- Refrigerate prawn marinade for about 3 hours.
- Preheat and glaze it with oil, and stick marinated prawns into the skewers and cook the prawns in a tandoor (clay over) for four minutes.
Note: you can also use a grill instead of a tandoor.
- Smear the cooked prawns with some oil. This helps retain moisture.
- Cook basted prawns in the tandoor for another 4 minutes
- Tandoor is a traditional clay oven, predominantly used in Punjabi cuisine for convention cooking. The traditional tandoor utilizes fire from wood or charcoal.
- The Indian Tandoor finds its way back to the Mughal era, when Parsis and Mughals brought in the concept of baking in a clay oven or Tannur, as it is called in Arabic.