How to make Scallops Florentine
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- Use a 9-inch pie plate and grease it slightly.
- TO a pot, add water, and bring it to boil.
- Add the scallops in the pot of water after washing them. Cook them for about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, take the scallops out of the pot and pat them dry.
- Arrange them at the bottom of the prepared pie plate and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and then stir in the flour. Let it cook over low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and whisk, and add parmesan cheese. Use salt and black pepper for seasoning. Cook for another 2-3 minutes while stirring constantly until the mixture is thick.
- Squeeze the spinach to get rid of any moisture, and spread it over the scallops.
- Pour the cream sauce over the spinach. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs on top.
- Sprinkle the food seasoning over the breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until it turns brown and bubbly.
- Scallops are mollusks that can be traced back 300 million years. Today, more than 300 living species of scallops exist in the world.
- According to the food historians, ancient Romans also used to enjoy scallops.
- During the 17th century, the traditional method of preparing a scallop was to slice it up, mix it with a sauce, spread some breadcrumbs on top, and bake it in its shell.
- Scallop recipes have evolved over time and today, people like to enjoy this seafood in different delicious ways.