How to make Absolutely Amazing Ahi
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the tuna and all the vegetables and seasoning together. Pour in the sesame oil, lemon juice and soy sauce. Stir in gently and be careful not to mash any of the ingredients especially the ripe avocados. You need to give it a salad bowl texture so mashed up vegetables might not be a good idea.
- Place this bowl in a bigger bowl that is full of ice and refrigerate for around 15 minutes. Don’t keep in the fridge for longer than that otherwise the freshness of the tuna and vegetables will be lost.
- Take out the chilled ahi tuna and serve on a plate.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds garnish.
- Tuna is one of the most common and popular fish for sushi used in Japan and all over. People line up in Japan’s seafood market in Tsukiji at 4 am just to get the best and freshest catch of the day.
- There are various types of tuna such as ahi, yellowfin, bluefin, and big eye.
- Yellowfin tuna is highly migratory as it can travel in different schools all over the You can find them in almost every ocean.
- The biggest tuna can weight up to 550 pounds and reach up to 6.5 feet in length.
- A fertile tuna can lay up to 30 millions eggs at a time and only 2-3 will survive to be an adult tuna. The rest of the eggs are eaten by other fish and marine life.
- There were reports of tuna having been poisoned by oil leaks in the sea. You have to make sure you get fresh tuna to avoid any mercury ingestion.