- Fill a large fillet with water and green beans. Bring the boil to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the beans begin to soften. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Drain the water from the beans. Add the olive oil to the skillet.
- Now add butter to the green beans.
- Cook and stir until the butter has melted. It will take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add lemon pepper, kosher salt, chopped garlic and black pepper.
- Cook until the garlic is tender and fills the kitchen with its fragrance. This will take about 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Leaves of green beans can be green and purple in color.
- Green beans are grown by seeds. It can take about 60 days to harvest them.
- China produces the highest number of green beans in the world. Exports amount to about 15 million tons of green beans every year.
China happens to also produce the highest amount of garlic, accounting for two third of the global production.