How to Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
For the Dressing
- To a small mixing bowl, add poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, white vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and minced onion.
- Whisk well to mix all the ingredients.
- Storethe dressing in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
For the Salad
- Wash the spinach thoroughly.
- Cut the spinach into bite-size strips.
- Wash the strawberries and slice them into smaller pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, add spinach and the strawberries.
- Sprinkle the blanched and slivered almonds and set the bowl aside.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Toss the salad so the dressing is well coated.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds and the salad is ready to be served.
- Strawberries are the first fruits to ripen each spring.
- Strawberries are actually members of the rose family.