- 8 oz mixed salad greensincluding leaves of baby romaine, oak leaf lettuces, radicchio, frisée, arugula, Swiss chard, mizuna
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 8 oz gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 2 tart green apples, diced and cored
- 1/2 bottle of raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
Field salad is a complete bowl of happiness. A bowl of this salad will make your gut happy too. When you toss in a whole lot of veggies and vinaigrette to a bowl, you get a salad that is loaded with a lot of flavors.Walnuts in the salad make it rich and bring a nutty crunchiness to the recipe.
Choose freshand seasonal greens to bring in variety to the dish. Choosing a bitter green like frisée will help in bringing a balance to the dish which also has cheese and walnuts.
To make the salad creamier, a sour cream dressing can be used instead of the vinaigrette.
- Leafy green vegetables are rich in iron, potassium, calcium, fiber, and magnesium.
- Darkgreen vegetables containa good amount of folate, vitamin B and carotenoids antioxidants. The antioxidants help in preventing cancer.
How to Make Field Salad Recipe
The recipe can be tweaked a bit by adding toasted walnuts to the salad. If you are looking at replacing Gorgonzola cheese, Feta works well with the greens.