How to make Strawberry Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 °
- Flour and grease three 9-inch round cake pans.
- Dissolve the gelatin in cold water in a large bowl.
- Stir in the flour, vegetable oil, cake mix, eggs, and 1/2 of the strawberries.
- Beat for 5 minutes using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Evenly Divide the between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool cakes in the pans on wire racks.
- Cream the sugar, butter, and the remaining strawberries in a medium bowl until they turn light and fluffy.
- Add additional confectioners' sugar if needed to ensure a spreadable consistency.
- Spread the frosting over the top and sides of cake and between layers
Strawberries are members of the rose family.