How to Make Steak Sauce
- Stir in the lemon juice, champagne and shallots in a medium sized bowl. Allow them to soften for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the egg yolks in the bowl.
- Pour the water in a 2 quart saucepan and bringing it to a boil.
- Place the bowl over saucepan (don’t pour!) to create a makeshift double boiler.
- Add the warm butter over the yolk mixture until you get a consistent, viscous fluid.
- Remove the bowl from the heat, continue to mix it until you get a smooth sauce.
- Add the tarragon and some salt for seasoning.
- Serve with steak!
- Although sauces are considered to be ‘hot’ and unhealthy because they contain plenty of chillies, they are not bad. Sauces are full of vitamins and nutrients which can help the body in its day to day tasks.
- When a sauce is too hot the body copes by perspiring, a phenomenon known as gustatory perspiration.
Did you know that steak sauce can actually help you to lose a few pounds while also satiating your chilli cravings?