- 4 cups dosa batter
- 3 tsp schezwan sauce
- 3 tsp butter
- 2 tsp oil
- 3 spring onion stems - finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1 medium capsicum - julienned
- 1 carrot - shredded
- 1/2 cup cabbage - shredded thinly
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp schezwan sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 packet noodles or rice noodles – boiled
Fusion food is all the rage nowadays. One of the more interesting aspects of globalism is that there seems to be a worldwide focus on reinventing traditional dishes and adding a modern twist to conventional recipes. We have come a long way in accepting different versions of our familiar comfort food. So while we are all familiar with masala and sada dosas, how about adding a Chinese twist to it and making spring Schezwan dosas? These dosas are spicy, crisp, and jam-packed with Chinese flavors. While a masala dosa has a filling made from potatoes, spring dosas use a filling made from vegetables and noodles. It is an extremely popular street food in Mumbai.
Spring dosas have a lot of amazing health benefits:
- They have a high calorie count which provides the body with lots of energy.
- They make use of a lot of vegetables like cabbage, capsicum, and carrots, which cannot be said for regular dosas!
- They are gluten-free and can be consumed by people having gluten intolerance.
- Dosas are a source of iron and several necessary minerals.
How to make Spring Dosa
Make the Schezwan Noodle Filling