- 1 cup – rice
- 1/4 cup – toor dal/ pigeon pea
- 1/4 cup – chana dal/ yellow gram
- 2 tbsp – urad dal/black gram
- 2 tbsp – mung dal/green gram
- 1/4 tsp – fenugreek seeds
- 5 dried red chili
- 2 tbsp – finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp – finely chopped coriander
- 1/2 tsp – ginger paste
- 1 tsp – cumin seeds
- 1 pinch – asafetida / hing
- 1 tsp – salt
How to make Adai Recipe
Fenugreek extract is used to prepare syrups like maple, rum, and butterscotch. It is also used in curry powders, other spice blends, and pickles.
Toor Dal is the most widely used pulses in India. It is also used commonly across Asian countries, especially in vegetarian dishes. It is one of the many lentils and belongs to the category of legumes (pulses/beans) known for their nutritional value since ages.