- 6 skinless chicken thighs, each cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 10g unsalted butter
- 1/2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 6 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp curry paste (any common curry paste will do fine)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp soft light brown sugar
- 160ml tin coconut cream
- 1 just ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp double cream
- juice of 1/2 lemon or 2 limes
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
An assortment of spices dry roasted and blended together bring in aroma and flavor which makes Indian delicacies distinct from the cuisines all over the world. The spices each have a different personality and blend together beautifully not overlapping each other’s flavor. This spicy mango chicken curry is perfectly balanced in flavor with the sweetness of mango tackling the spicy curry paste beautifully. If you love your curry mildly sweet and spicy at the same time, then this mango chicken makes a perfect side for your roti, bread or rice.
Chicken is a lean source of meat that is rich in selenium. Selenium helps in boosting immunity in humans.
How to make Spicy Indian Chicken and Mango Curry recipe
The Paisley design, renowned all over India was developed based on the shape of a mango. Did you know mangoes belong to the cashew family?