Thai Sweet Sticky Rice with Mango (Khao NeeoMamuang)
1½ cups short-grain white rice, uncooked
1½ cups + ½ cup of coconut milk
2 cups of water
1 cup + 1 tbsp white sugar
½ tsp + ¼ teaspoon of salt
1 tbsp tapioca starch
1 tbspsesame seeds, toasted
3 mangoes, completely peeled and neatly sliced
How to make Thai Sweet Sticky Rice with Mango (Khao NeeoMamuang)
- Pour rice and water in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Cover and allow it to simmer till the time the water is absorbed by the rice (15-20 minutes)
- To a saucepanadd 1.5 cups of coconut milk, 0.5 teaspoon salt and 1 cup of white sugar.
- Bring to boil and add to the boiled rice.
- Cool rice for 1 hour.
- Mix 0.5 cup of coconut milk, 1 tablespoon sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt with the tapioca starch in a separate saucepan and bring to boil.
- Check if the rice has turned sticky by now. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Arrange the mangoes to the sides of the serving dish orover the sticky rice however you like.
- Garnish the rice with sesame seeds after pouring the coconut milk sauce on the rice.
Did you know there are over 400 varieties of mangoes all over the world?