Seared Tuna with Wasabi-Butter Sauce
1 lb tuna steaks, chilled
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and ground black pepper, as per your taste
¼ cup sesame seeds
½ onion, slice it lengthwise
8 large shiitake mushrooms, slice caps
4 radishes, thinly sliced
2 cups arugula
10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
½ jalapeno, thinly sliced
½ cup cilantro, fine chopped
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 fresh limes, extract juice
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp wasabi paste
How to make Seared Tuna with Wasabi-Butter Sauce recipe
- Add lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, wasabi paste, and half an onion to food processor and pulse until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add shiitake caps, sliced onion, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes while stirring.
- Transfer to a bowl when the mushrooms turn brown and crispy.
- Brush tuna steaks with olive oil and seasonwith salt and pepper.
- Add sesame seeds to a shallow bowl and lay tuna steaks and flip to coat the other side.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, add tuna steaks and cook both sides for a minute or two.
- Transfer tuna to a cutting board and let it cool. Thinly slice it.
- Warm the wasabi sauce in a saucepan and add butter.
- Cook for another 2 minutes until the sauce turns glossy.
- Prepare salad with tomatoes, radishes, cilantro, and arugula and top with mushrooms and tuna steaks.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The largest recorded specimen of tuna was 21 ft. long.
- Tuna is a fast swimmer.
- Tuna female releases 30 million eggs a year.