How to Make Spanish Fish Fry
- Rinse and drain the fish fillets.
- On a large plate, mix the flour and bread crumbs. Add ½ tbsp of salt and ¼ tbsp ground pepper to the plate.
- In a heavy bottom skillet, pour olive oil to coat ¼ inch of the surface. Heat on medium high.
- Marinate the fish with flour mixture on both sides. Add to the frying pan, ensure both sides are fried and the color turns into golden brown.
- Remove the fish and drain on a paper towel.
- Peel and chop the garlic. Cut lemon in half pieces.
- Pour the lemon infused olive oil in a separate frying pan.
- Heat the oil on medium. Stir in chopped garlic and simmer for a few minutes but do not allow it to brown.
- Add 3 tbsp of flour and fry for about 3 minutes. During this time period, gradually pour the white wine.
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice and capers. Stir continuously to let the sauce thicken
- Place the fish fillets on a plate. Apply the sauce over the fillets and garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!
Did you know that by the year 2050, there will be more plastic waste in the oceans that fish by weight? This is because plastic waste is does not decompose even after decades.