How to Make Sorsebata Ilish Mach
- Start by marinating the fish with some turmeric powder and salt.
- Once the fish has been marinated, soak the poppy and mustard seeds and grind them to a paste.
- Heat mustard oil inside a pan and splutter some panch phoron inside it.
- Add the paste from mustard and poppy seeds and sauté them well. Add ginger paste as well.
- Now, add red chili powder and turmeric powder to the pan.
- Add the marinated fish to the mixture along with salt and green chilies.
- Add the tomatoes to the dish and mix them well, while cooking at a slow flame.
- Once done, take the pan off the fire and serve along with some steamed rice for best impact.
- Panch phoran is one of the most common spices in the Bengali cuisine, and it is made from the mixture of five spices. The mixture of fenugreek, cumin, aniseed, mustard seeds and nigella make the mixture.
Fish curry is often enjoyed with steamed rice in a traditional Bengali cuisine.