How to Make Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- Before you start with the preparation, make sure to heat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large pot pour water, add salt, and bring it to a boil.
- While the water is boiling, mix zucchini and asparagus in 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are being roasted, take out a large skillet and heat the 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil in it. Add onions to it and cook it until it feels soft, which should take about 8 minutes. To the, now brown, onion add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the tomatoes and let it simmer while stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and then add the cheese to it.
- Put the skillet to a side and then add the linguine to the boiling water.
- Once linguine, has become soft, drain it, take out ½ a cup of water from the pot and then add it to the skillet with the rest of the mixture.
- Add the roasted vegetables and the cooking water that you previously took out to the mixture and stir it all together to combine.
- Then add the basil and take out the entire recipe on a serving dish. Top it with more cheese.
Did you know that the largest grown zucchini has been recorded to be 69 ½ inches long and weighed 65 pounds?
Zucchini is also thought to have more potassium than a banana.