Snow on the Mountain Green Beans
How to make Snow on the Mountain Green Beans
- Place water that has been slated lightly into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the green beans and cook them for 3-4 minutes till they get tender. Keep the lid off.
- Melt butter in a skillet with the olive oil. Keep the flame medium-high. Add the beans after draining to the skillet. Cook them until they become tender. This should take nearly 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle pepper, salt, and add lemon juice. Once done, place them on a serving dish (warmed). Sprinkle some feta cheese on top.
- Did you know that snow on the mountain is actually a rare variety which has a very high yield? The beans when dry are maroon colored and have a white around the eye which gives it the name “snow on the mountain”.
- Interestingly enough, beans are scientifically fruits.
- Feta cheese cannot be called “feta” unless it’s actually produced in Greece. The word “feta” itself traces its origins to ancient “Greek” and means “slice”!